Wednesday, March 24, 2010

....you know it's hot....don't forget what you've got....

So this past week was a pretty big bummer on the calipers...I was so discouraged when I walked out of that weigh in. I felt like everything that I had done that week was an actual waste. Only down 0.6%--are you kidding me?

I had a lot of individuals tell me--well you're going to plateau sometime right? You can't be strong every week. But the problem was that I wanted to be strong every week--not so much in the results area--but knowing that I worked hard each and every moment of each and every day. I knew that I didn't. I was losing endurance and determination.

I reflected back on my food chart. I counted the many many days where I only drank one Nalgene bottle instead of three (32 ounces to 96-wow). I counted the fruit I had last week compared to the weeks before (9 fruits to 4). I counted my focus compared to the weeks before (blah, blah, blah--to concentration!) I had a lot of areas to improve on this next week.

After examining my workouts and consumption, I started to examine my prayer life. I began to realize that subconsciously I really thought that I had learned everything that God wanted to teach me through Lent. After I downsized, my super sized head--I realized I still had a lot to learn and that God would never stop teaching me things--especially when I have a ginormous head that needs to be shrinked!

LORD:
"These people say, 'This time has not yet come for the LORD's house to be built."
LORD--to--> Haggai
"Is it a time for you yourselves to be living in your paneled houses, while this house remains a ruin?"
LORD:
"Give careful thought to your ways. You have planted much, but have harvested little. You eat, but never have enough. You drink, but never have your fill. You put on clothes, but are not warm. You earn wages, only to put them in a purse with holes in it."
LORD:
"Give careful thought to your ways. Go up into the mountains and bring down timber and build the house, so that I may take pleasure in it and be honored," says the LORD. "You expected much, but see, it turned out to be little. What you brought home, I blew away. Why? declares the LORD Almighty. "Because of my house, which remains a ruin, while each of you is busy with his own house."
Haggai 1: 2-9

I've been slowly reading through the books of the bible, chapter by chapter. It's no coincidence when you read a section of the bible and it relates perfectly to your life. It was planned just for that day.

I began to realize that this is what I had done last week--I had focused on getting results in my own house (my body), but I hadn't been focusing on Christ and HIS house. The results that he wanted to see in and through me.

I'm reading Forgotten God by Francis Chan. I'm just a few pages in, but I've also realized that I don't understand the Holy Spirit too well. In his book, he posts, "If the Holy Spirit moves, nothing can stop Him. If he doesn't move, we will not produce genuine fruit. No matter how much effort we expend....We are not all we were made to be when everything in our lives and churches can be explained apart from the work and presence of the Spirit of God."

I'm tired of explaining myself apart from the work and presence of the Spirit of God. It's time for more change...more fruit. I know the Holy Spirit is in me...
I know it's hot, and I need to stop forgetting the power that I've got...

No comments:

Google