Thursday, November 20, 2008

Ladybug


Have you ever had just one of those weeks were you felt invisible? Invisible to everyone around you, no one even hears you when you speak, and that no one would even notice if you fell off the face of the planet? I've had one of those weeks.

This morning, I ran upstairs, turned on the wall heater in "my" bathroom, shut the door, and let the hot air blow around and around the small bathroom. A couple minutes later, I went back upstairs and hopped in the warm shower. As I was scratching and wadding up this mound of hair on top of my head I was stopped dead in my tracks. Something was moving on the small window sill. It took me a moment to realize that it was a little vibrant red ladybug. But it wasn't crawling. It was upside down, stranded on it's back with his little legs flying around in circles trying to flip itself back over. In a moment I related to that ladybug. I shook off my hand of the excess water and tried ever so gently to flip him back over. After many times, I succeeded but he remained frozen. I really don't know if he ever started crawling again. I went on with the rest of my shower.

In many ways I feel like that ladybug. I feel lately that my apendages have been flying rapidly in all directions trying to get back on track in life. I feel like no matter how hard I try, I just can't flip myself back over. There have been little blips here lately, where I feel that I have been helped, and that I have been flipped over back on my own legs, but instead of moving, I'm frozen in place. My legs are just too tired to try anymore.

"Let us acknowledge the LORD; let us press on to acknowledge him. As surely as the sun rises, he will appear; he will come to us like the winter rains, like the spring rains that water the earth." Hosea 6:3

1 comment:

mrbrubakerandlife said...

I want you to know I'm a ladybug too. Love you.

Google