Thursday, July 10, 2008

Redesigning worship....well the stalls at least for the moment

For the past couple of weeks I have had the opportunity to finally use my talent (or at least I think it is a talent) for the Lord at Ginghamsburg Church in a rather consistent manner. I've been working with Kim Miller, the creative director at Ginghamsburg, to help redecorate and redesign three particular bathroom. Two at the Avenue, a place where young teens and college age adults can come together and fellowship, and one bathroom located in the back of the church behind the sancuary.

Please check out Kim Miller's blog at http://www.redesigningworship.com/.
She has such amazing ideas and a fresh heart!!


Since attending Ginghamsburg on a regular basis since last August, I've dabbled in a couple of different areas of service. I tried for many weeks on ends to serve at the food pantry, but ultimately found that it wasn't a perfect fit. Matt and I also served in many one time events where various ministries at the church needing help. But I felt like I really did find my "fit". Something was going against the grain and it just didn't feel right.
For this season in my life, I feel like this works for me. I enjoy spending the time in the stalls...quite literally....listening to the ipod or talking with other volunteers and designing away. In the pictures posted you'll see the transformation to the young mens restroom. When I began working on this, it was essentially a blank and rather large canvas. Using only three basic colors of army green, stone gray, and navy blue, I tried to create interestesting patterns using the basic shape of a square. I can't help but picture this as a large ATARI game screen. It's been a bunch of fun! Thanks Lord for pointing this out for me at this time, and also to Ginghamsburg and Kim for allowing me to be a part of this. We all have a place in the body of Christ...just be patient to try to find it!! ;)
<---- This stall in particular will be the next
area to tackle...more pictures to come!

1 comment:

Chelsea said...

Very cool paintings! I love it!

Google