Thursday, December 10, 2009

New York City Day 1.2

Thursday, December 03, 2009
Dear Jesus--We're in NYC! My favorite city in the world! I thank you Lord for the opportunity to be here. For this opportunity is from you. I thank you for being with us as we travel. I look around at all these teens down here in the hostel basement--all eating breakfast. Lord teach me how to love them. Father allow my heart to be open to you and to them. I pray for divine connections. I pray Lord that I'll stay focused upon you Jesus and the things you desire to happen Jesus. Help me to not focus upon my own needs but on the needs of the people. Help me Lord to just LOVE THEM. In you--Amen

Today we went to the Bronx to the World Vision Storehouse. We didn't venture to far into that part of the city so I didn't really get to see what the city looked like. It looked alot like the older party of Vandalia or Dayton. At this storehouse, everything is donated by different companies. Things from furniture all the way down to erasers for pencils! Then different churches and schools could come and get supplies for free. I never knew World Vision did that kind of thing too besides child sponsorships.

I worked with CJ from 10-2 unpacking boxes....

We then walked around the city and saw some of the sites. We saw Wall Street. While we were there, and once we got to that section of town, it was like the weight of currency and money floating around couldn't be ignored. Business people in suits were everywhere in a big hurry. With their tall skinny bodies, perfectly combed and shined hair, big shiny boots and long strides....The weight of the sin of greed was all around me.

We also went to the World Trade Site. It looked a lot different from what I thought it would be. I couldn't believe I was at the place where so many people lost their lives. It just brought tears to my eyes.

We went to the Top of The Rock. This was at the top of the Rockefeller Center. The view was amazing. I couldn't enjoy it as much because I missed Matthew so much up there. It just didn't seem right that he wasn't there with me to enjoy it side by side. I love this city, but I love my life with my husband more....and with Moey...I miss him!

No comments:

Google