Monday, April 21, 2008

bird conversations

Since spring has arrived, I've been trying to take extra moments when I wake up, extra moments while I'm walking to my car, extra moments while I'm sitting on the balcony reading, to take notice of the little things. The little things that we take for granted when we're rushing from here to there. One sound I've been noticing alot, that I've always enjoyed, but always seem to tune out during the rush, is the conversations between birds. The chitter chatter and songs that they sing. What are they really saying?

When a dog barks, he's warning us of something, trying to get us to feed them, or they want outside. But what do birds say to each other?

I was thinking a couple of weeks ago that maybe they are saying to one another "Isn't God great! He's bringing the worms back to the ground! He's giving us shade and cover in the trees once again! I'm back to my original home, I can rest my wings!!"

....or....

maybe they are singing praises to God. What if they really are speaking to Jesus?! And what if Jesus is speaking back to them in a voice that our human ears can't understand. Even if we could understand, are we taking the moments to try to hear the faint sound of Jesus' voice whispering to us as well?

No comments:

Google