Thursday, March 13, 2008

The Sudan Project's running total through the Brubaker Art Barn


Photobucket

Running Total as of
March 13, 2008 at 12:06pm:
$ 94.45

Through my sales on juvalee13.etsy.com I have been able to sell enough custom labels to generate $94.45 in donations for the Sudan Project at Ginghamsburg Church. This is something that God laid on my heart to do through creating my custom fabric labels and also through my other pieces as well.

I've struggled with the talent of creating artwork, and also textile projects and I still struggle with it today. When you look at the artists of our time now, and also the famous ones that grace the history pages, yes they became famous, but the majority of them only became famous after they died. In my mind, I stuggle with the question of "What is the purpose if people enjoy your work after you're dead?" And at that rate you're not even guaranteed that people will like what you create after you die, they could despise it just as much when you're dead as they did when you are alive.
Artistic talent I've seen, is only appreciated by a select few of people in the world today. They aren't appreciated in my mind like bankers, lawyers, teachers, doctors. Art pieces sometimes are only seen as "pretty things". I think secretly my entire life I've desired a talent that is valued by the world. But I'm beginning to walk down the path of true appreciation.

Some verses that has helped me do this is Exodus 35:30-35:

"...Then Moses said to the Israelites, "See, the LORD has chosen Bezalel son of Uri, the son of Hur, of the tribe of Judah,and he has filled him with the Spirit of God, with skill, ability and knowledge in all kinds of crafts- to make artistic designs for work in gold, silver and bronze, to cut and set stones, to work in wood and to engage in all kinds of artistic craftsmanship. And he has given both him and Oholiab son of Ahisamach, of the tribe of Dan, the ability to teach others. He has filled them with skill to do all kinds of work as craftsmen, designers, embroiderers in blue, purple and scarlet yarn and fine linen, and weavers—all of them master craftsmen and designers..."

In no way, by posting this am I trying to be boastful or arrogant. That is not the intent of my heart. I'm just excited that I've finally found a way for my pieces to be eternal. By giving to the Sudan, my artwork and the proceeds go to help save lives. For the first time in my short life, I feel like I'm making a difference, not only in the United States, not only in Sudan...but through the realm of Heaven.

No comments:

Google