Wednesday, October 8, 2008

God's still revealing Himself

We're always learning. It seems lately that the Holy Spirit has been speaking to me in a concentrated manner lately. It seems that every time I turn around, he's teaching me something new or showing more of his Glory through the people I meet and the experiences that I have daily.

As I've mentioned in blogs past, in June I lost my job, two weeks after purchasing a new home. I remember that day so clearly, down to the dark blue faded jeans and red collared shirt I was wearing. Since that sunny day, Jesus has proven over and over to me that I'm in the palm of his hand. He cares for me.

I'm in a new Beth Moore study called "Believing God". The Lord has definetly impressed onto my heart that many of the struggles that I have, and the heartache that I experience is because I believe so little. I've always struggled with believing that God wants GOOD THINGS for me. He's not vengeful, or uninterested in my life. He is concerned with all the details, despite how I may or may not be feeling that day.

In Week 3 "Believing God Can Do What He Says He Can Do day 1 "Permission to Believe" Beth Moore states:

"Much of the body of Christ is paralyzed by unbelief. Our unbelief has likely ushered us into a frustrating, disabling cylce: we believe little, so we see little, so we continue to believe little and see little."

She goes on to state that:

"We seek God primarily to find Him, not to see Him perform. .. Sometimes God may prioritize the faith required to continue trusting Him when we don't get what we ask over the faith required to receive it."

When I was doing my study this morning I was reading Matthew 14:22-31. A verse that caught my attention was "Immediately Jesus reached out his hand and caught him..." Thoughts have passed through my head today...Jesus didn't dilly dally and wait for his sweet time to lift up Peter. IMMEDIATELY he reached out! I believe the same is true for all of us. When we cry out for help, he immediately is at our side.

In Luke 7:11-15 it tells a story about a woman who was a widow and had only one son. Her son died and Jesus approached the procession. It says that "When the Lord saw her, his heart went out to her and he said, "Don't cry". Jesus came after the fact that her son died. He knew her son died, but he used the pain of losing her son, to bring healing and allow himself to be glorified through raising her son from the dead. Sometimes Jesus has us go through things that he will later redeem. Just because we don't know why something is happening, doesn't mean that it's happening in vain. Everything brings Him glory if we choose to bring Him glory through the situation. It's all about choice. How are you choosing to view your issues?

No comments:

Google