Wednesday, June 11, 2008

HaPpY 15th BiRtHdAy CoCo!!!

Yesterday we had a little scare with CoCo. She woke up and could hardly walk and had to be carried everywhere. My mom had called me several times yesterday morning, and my phone was on silent from the night before, so she called me at work to let me know that CoCo was having a rough time. She didn't know what the outcome would be. They were taking her to the vet that afternoon, and if she was in too much pain, pain that couldn't be helped, they were going to have to make that dreadful decision. On the phone hearing what my mom was saying, sprung tears to my eyes. I knew this day would be coming, but even though you know it's a part of life, it still stabs you in the heart.

I went to my parents home before they left for the vet. I rode up in the back of my dads hooptee (as we like to call it) with my mom and CoCo in the backseat. Dad was our taxi that afternoon. All I could do was pet her and tell her how much I love her, over and over again. She would give me looks of understanding. I said a quick goodbye, and dad carried her in. The 45 minutes that I sat in the car I just cried and cried. I couldn't believe that today, a day full of sunshine would be the day.

Then they came out....little leg warmers on her arms where she had blood drawn, and a *smiling* puppy! I was so estatic! She was okay!!! The doctors said that he right back leg, at her knee, pops out of socket, and that her blood work shows that she needs to eat more as she is slightly malnourished. That was a bit shocking because if you've ever been around CoCo for an extended amount of time, you know that she eats everything is sight. Everything she sees that smells good, she tries to get. We're still pondering how that could be.

But today is her birthday! Through the years, we always celebrated August 11th, because that was the day that she came to our home. But for the first time yesterday after looking at her paperwork, I saw the day she was born. TODAY! So this is a little tribute to her, for all the joy she's brought to my families life, all the memories she has made, and all the silly onryness that has made us laugh through the years! Happy 15th Birthday CoCo!! We love you!!!

No comments:

Google