Friday, March 21, 2008

the incredible edible egg...or mushroom egggsplosion?!?!

.....easter time......bouncing bunnies.....colored hard boiled eggs....or is that an egg cloud?

Last night, I decided to try to take on some "wife duties" and cook, cook, cook!! You have to realize, I don't enjoy cooking, I usually burn up everything that I make, and I definetly don't know how to make brownies that don't end up in the trash. Despite all the tragedies yesterday while trying to take on these wife roles, I had some good laughs. God always gives you humor if you look at the situations carefully with an open mind!!

It started with my fudgey brownies. I decided to make these for the Children's Easter egg hunt at church. Well they actually never made it to the church. They are currently sitting in the bottom of the garbage pail.

Second disaster, I wanted to make cookies for the same event. Well while I was paying close attention to the brownies cooking, I forgot about the stick of butter on the counter. Needless to say, I was cleaning up a big pool of melted butter from the counter, and searching frantically for another stick. In the end, they were pretty good.

Third, the eggsplosion!! I know how to cook hard boiled eggs...I really do! But for some reason I decided to boil the water, and then put the eggs in. Bad idea. I ended up with four poached eggs before I knew it. Wasted time, wasted eggs. I had to let the water cool, put the eggs in, and then flare up that heat and start all over. In the end I had one more wasted egg, but a really cool experiement!! Look at that yolk cloud!! Watch out!!

No comments:

Google