Wednesday, January 30, 2008

HOTTER THAN THE EYES OF hell....

Photobucket

When The Day Of Evil Comes
by Melanie Wells


Don't let the cover fool you, this is a book about spiritual warfare
that has scared the begeebies out of me.

I admit, I am one that judges a book by it's cover. I've passed up many books that others have recommended. If a cover isn't interesting, or if by my judgement, the author, or the publishing company hasn't spent what I thought was an ample amount of time on the cover, it goes back on the shelf at the library. As I'll explain later, I'm finding I'm more and more scared of going to libraries and searching the stacks of books at the farthest point from the checkout desk.
No one hears you back there.....

But back to this thriller of a story. This cover intrigued me. Who is this white chalky man on the cover? Why is he in a pool of water up to his chest with no reflection? Why are his eyes adverted to the left? What is the day of evil, and more importantly when is it coming?????
(PLEASE tell me so I can pray for protection!)

Taken from the back of the book it states:
First, there is the bizarre encounter with a ghastly pale stranger (obviously the one on the cover). Then her mother's engagement ring turns up--the same ring that was buried with her mother two years before....

I love thinking about spiritual warfare. The stately angels, fighting for the glory of God, and the slimy demons on the other end getting blasted left and right and still believing that they literaly have a change (in hell maybe) at winning. My husband says that I'm demented and that I think about it too much but I don't think there's anything wrong with this, except of the fact that I freak myself out half the time hearing noises from the neighbors beside us. My logic is, if you figured out what tricks and temptations that the dark side throws at you, then you'll know how to better fight off those tricks and temptations. Matthew tries to freak me out by saying, "well there could be a demon over your head right now". My response is, well he could be holding my hand right now, or picking my nose for all I care, but it doesn't phase me because I know he can't harm me.

One instance in particular that still scares me now when I think about it is, Dylan Foster, the main character in the book is doing research at the library. She "feels" someone staring at her. (I've had this feeling many times, to then look around and someone is staring at me. Very freaky!!) Something catches her eyes over by the library stacks and sees this chalky white figure staring at her between the horizontal rows of neverending books. She takes off running towards the stacks to find him but obviously he's NOT there. Now I find myself going into the library and hovering the stacks that are closest to the checkout desk. Really I don't think anyone would hear a muffled scream if someone did jump out and get me.


Photobucket

Another thing that has really made me think is this chalky figure. In the book she catches the backside of him, and he has a ghastly deep cut on his back. She describes this gash as something that would drastically harm someone or take their life. It seemed to not phase this figure at all. She was speaking with one of her friends and proposed the idea of how demons are really angels. The one distinct fact is they are fallen angels. What if one of their punishments for choosing the pit of hell instead of the glorious Kingdom of heaven is that during the fall, their wings are violently ripped from their backsides. It's really made me think....

So my questions to all of you are, do you believe in demons?
Do you think maybe they have lost their wings in the fall?
Do angels even have wings? (is their scripture backing your ideas?, is so let me know, I've been searching!)
Do you believe that angels and demons play a vibrant roll in our everyday lives?
Let me know what you think..I'm very interested!

No comments:

Google