Monday, January 14, 2008

dandelion in a whirlwind part 2

I was reading over my past blogs this weekend, after being reminded by some friends that just started their own blogs, and realized that I haven't posted much, really nothing, since we made our big move to be closer to family and feel "at home".
One blog in particular that I was reading was the "dandelion in a whirlwind" so I aptly named this new one "dandelion in a whirlwind part 2". In the first blog, I threw out alot of questions....thoughts....not really expecting any one to answer. I in fact didn't get any responses or comments...which was fine, since I really wasn't looking for an answer.

I feel as if since we have moved, things are finally starting to fall into place and make a little sense. Of course things haven't really fallen into place, but a new sense of awareness is present.

I've been reading this fabulous book called "Postmarked Heaven" by Jack Cavanaugh. This must-read is the story of four different individuals, from four different places in the world, and from four different time periods. They are short stories, or letters from heaven, explaining about how once these individuals passed through the veil, and arrived in heaven, their lives on earth finally made sense. One story in particular was about Shankala. She despised wealth and riches on earth. She saw too many heartaches from individuals who achieved or never received wealth and riches because she saw how those riches brought a sense of worry, envy and unhappiness into others lives. When she would read the scriptures of how when you go to heaven, after living a life that pleased the Lord, you received 'unimaginable treasures', she felt a sense of sadness, because she wasn't looking forward to those troublesome riches. But once she passed through the veil it all made sense. The treasures, by this authors interpretation, were the people that received Christ because of her faithful obedience to serve the Lord with her life. The "treasures" were in fact people!!!

I feel like in some way, I'm passing throught the "veil of understanding". While a dandelion is beautiful, bright and yellow in it's prime, when it gets blown and tossed by the wind, it is also beautiful. And I've come to believe that it is the most beautiful thing that I've seen in a long while. The seeds blow away....and plant many many more dandelions!!

I've come to realize that I shouldn't be so upset when things don't go the way that I have planned and deep frustration and hurt result from the dissappoitment. It's okay to break and be tossed by the wind, while trusting in the Lord, because you're planting seeds for others that you may never know until you reach the threshold of heaven's pearly gates. Nothing is insignificant.....and 'we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose. ' (Romans 8:28)

1 comment:

Stewart Benner said...

That sounds like a great book, Kim. I'll have to check it out. Maybe they have it at the library.

Google